Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh how quick they grow...



I cant believe its already February and im planning Austins 1st birthday party. MY BABY IS TURNING 1?!? Where has the time gone?!?

He has changed so much and every day is something new. Hes not walking by himself yet, but he cruises on everything...sooo fast! Its pretty funny watching him try to reach something just a figertip away and instead of taking 1 step to the right he will walk as fast as he can all the way around the table to get whatever it is. Usually his sippy cup. He knows what hes doing too...maybe its a game for him. To be able to know what goes thru their tiny little head would be pretty cool.

Hes always testing his boundaries and has a little temper...he sure keeps us busy!

Dada (dadadada) was his first "word", ok but thats every babys right? He hasnt said anything else but he talks to himself all the time. Hes close to saying a word i just dont know what itll be. When we try to get him to say stuff he just laughs. Oh hes a smart little cookie! lol

He has 2 bottom teeth and just today i felt the top 2 about to come through. The past few nights have been terrrrrrrible. No body is sleeping!

Speaking of sleeping...we got Austin a new crib and mattress for Christmas. We started out putting him down for the first time and when he woke up id bring him to bed with me. He would only sleep in there for an hour or 2. For about a week he was sleeping from 8-530 in his crib...in his room! Yeah, seriously. Then those darn top teeth ruined everything. Thats always how it is right? I miss the little booger next to me tho. I used to be able to roll over and shine my phone light on him or put my hand on his back...now i gotta get up and go to the next room! And i do! You just NEVER know. I HAVE to get up and check or i wont get Any sleep. One day we will sleep...ah...one day :)

I love bath time now. Mainly when its over...he climbs in to my lap and just sits there. Still. Hes usually trying to get away and go crawl somewhere..but not after bathtime. I lotion him up and wrap him like a burrito and we sing and dance and cuddle before we go out into the frigid hallway and his room to get dressed. Its nice :) 

He loves wheat toast, butternut squash, whole grain frozen waffles, cheese puffs, chicken and wild rice soup, sweet potato fries, spaghetti noodles, apples, and yogurt. He usually eats whatever we are having for dinner but always a side of squash. He loves thats stuff.

I have to say im a bit envious that Ryon gets to stay home with him during the day. Just not faaair. I feel like I just work all day, come home..do some dishes so I can cook dinner before he gets fussy(it always happens towards the end), then its bath time and time for bed with a little play time somewhere in there! Just not enough time in the day...not enough time with my 2 favorite men.

I need to start playing the lottery.

0 comments: